Two posts in a row from Krisla! In the same weekend! What is this madness. Well, it’s called procrastination during a 3-day weekend. Also, the weather is amazing and my family is having a BBQ with some friends. The plan was to have 30 pounds of crawfish shipped up from Louisiana for the party, but it got lost. Actually, it was given to someone else by accident. Sad day:(
But anyways, I made use of the candied pecans to make a delicious summer salad. I made a sweet and tangy vinaigrette to pair with the crunchy nuts and lovely strawberries, my favorite fruit in the summer. Hope everyone has a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!
Strawberry Summer Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Recipe from Urban Strawberries
- juice of 1 whole lime
- 8 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 8 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. honey
- A bunch of fresh greens (I used the spring mix, baby spinach is also great)
- dressing (above)
- candied pecans, recipe here
- sliced strawberries
- feta cheese
- To make the dressing, whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until honey is thoroughly mixed.
- Toss the dressing with the salad and add the toppings. The ratio of ingredients is up to you!
- Store extra dressing in an airtight container in the fridge.
Very easy, very satisfying.