I don’t know about you, but cooking is my favorite way to procrastinate. I made FOUR different kinds of pizza yesterday to distract myself from finishing my medical school applications. Okay… I also made four different kinds of pizza because I just couldn’t decide what toppings I wanted. Pesto sauce or tomato sauce, Canadian bacon or chicken, pineapple or artichoke. Sooo I just made different combinations of them all. Problem solved. Don’t worry, I shared my creations with the fam bam.
Today’s distraction features artichoke, spinach, cheese, crackers, and reruns of Laguna Beach and Gilmore Girls. Ahhh summer, I adore you.
Warm, green goodness. This dip is very much like the one you find at Costco. But homemade! It’s super easy and can be made in advanced. Whip up this sucker at your Fourth of July party. Or you know, if you just want delicious dip on any ol’ day.
Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 cup of marinated artichoke hearts (I got mine at Costco, marinated in olive oil.)
- 1/2 cup of fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheeses ( I used Parmesan and Mozzarella)
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp of crushed red peppers ( You can also go with jalepenos!)
- ground black pepper
- Crackers or chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, pulse all the ingredients together, except save about 1/4 cup of the cheese for sprinkling. Pulse until everything is well-mixed. The artichoke and spinach can be chunky, if you like it that way.
- Spoon into a medium sized oven-safe ramekin or bowl and top with the extra cheese.
- Bake for about 15-20 min until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve warm with chips or crackers! You can store this in the fridge for up to a week.
P.S. We’ve got our first ever giveaway coming atcha soon! Keep your eyes peeled.